IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled. Please CLICK HERE for the latest information about cancellations.
The monument is an oblelik. It stands five feet high and probably a foot wide. On all sides of the monument are symbols and phrases regarding the Grand Lodge. On the base of the monument are the words on each of the four sides: FORTITUDE, PRUDENCE, JUSTICE, and TEMPERANCE.
Freemasonry came to Macon in 1824 when the city was in its infancy. Macon Lodge No. 5, F. &A.M., was organized in 1824 and chartered by the Grand Lodge of Georgia in 1825. Historians have referred to Macon lodge as being the
Date created: October 28, 1986
Dimensions: 5 ft tall & approx. 1 ft wide