IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled. Please CLICK HERE for the latest information about cancellations.
It is an arch that held the ship's bell mounted on two brick blocks. The inscription reads: " This bell was used of old on the first steamboat on the Ocmulgee River between Macon and Darien and was presented by Major John A. Cobb to the Mayor and Council of Macon.
(1993 Condition: "good")
Date created: 1830's